Welcome to York Place Gallery self catering holiday cottage. York Place Gallery is situated on Hartlepool’s Historic Headland. The Headland’s colourful history includes invasions by Vikings and Scots, founding of the monastery by St Hilda of Whitby and its important placein the history of WW1 when it saw the first casualty on home soil during its bombardment by the German fleet in the World War I.
York Place Gallery was built c1850. Over the years it has been occupied by pilots, caulkers, rivetters and a seamstress from London. Most recently it was occupied by me, Lisa Empson. I regularly opened the downstairs areas of my home to the public as exhibition space for my own work and that of other local artists. The gallery is decorated with lots of artwork which is available to purchase.
- Sleeps up to 4-6 – one twin bedded room, one double bedroom and one double bed settee in the garden room.
- There’s lots of living space: the ground floor living room with large wood burner; large kitchen with garden room overlooking the patio; large 1t floor lounge with fabulous views over the bay and the long vista along the north east coast.
- The family bathroom on the 1st floor is complimented by a separate shower room on the 2nd
- Outside the garden room overlooks the private courtyard area.
- On road parking at the front of the house is always available.
- Just a short walk to lovely traditional pubs, fish and chip shop and greengrocers.
- Wi-fi available.
- Stereo radio and cd player.